A bloody twist on a tall classic.
Four Pillars is a small Australian distillery creating delicious gin from the Yarra Valley. They publish cocktail recipes regularly and we think this one is just delicious.
Their bloody Shiraz has a burst of raspberries on the nose and its this that hits you immediately, followed by cassia bark gliding through underneath.
- 45mL Rare Dry Gin
- 25mL lemon juice
- 15mL lemon myrtle and cassia bark syrup*
- 10mL Bloody Shiraz Gin
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with plenty of ice.
- Shake vigorously for 5-7 seconds and then strain into Collins glass filled with ice.
- Add a small splash of soda water and float the Bloody Shiraz Gin on top.
- Garnish with an orange wheel and a cherry on a skewer for that retro vibe.
For the lemon myrtle and cassia bark syrup...
Combine 1kg sugar, 20g dried lemon myrtle leaves and 20g cassia or cinnamon in a container and pour over 1L boiling water. Stir and allow to cool before straining.