We created our own recipe centric around the marvellously fresh Principe de los apostles.
Its' Mojito-esque flavour suits the eucalyptus in the Principe perfectly. And the light addition of caraway helps bring this out even more.
You can substitute the agave and maple syrup for a basic sugar/water base if you like but we just had to indulge ourselves a bit further!
Makes approx 4:
- 1/3 tsp caraway seeds
- zest of 2 limes
- juice of 4 limes.
- As much mint as you can find!
- 70ml Agave nectar
- 30ml Maple syrup
- 4 x 35ml Principe
- Soda to top
First, prepare the syrup
- In a saucepan, heat the caraway until it starts to produce its odour
- Add in the lime zest and lime juice and bring to a simmer
- Introduce the agave and maple to the mix, whilst retaining the gentle heat
- Sieve the mixture, losing any particulates
- Keep aside
- Chill those glasses!
- In a cocktail shaker (we used this old coffee peculator!) - fill with fresh garden mint, crushed ice and the Principe and shake like you were in a Argentinian carnival
- Add the syrup prepared earlier and give it another shake
- Pour through the ice, keeping the ice back
- Add a sprig of mint to garnish