Egg whites not only bring together flavors; they also give a cocktail a silky texture. The Aperol in the recipe doubles as light sweetener, so forget the syrup and go pro. Aromatic bitters are used as garnish to finish and add aroma.
Gin Sour (with Aperol) - Articles About Gin | The Gin Box Shop
This entry was posted on 23rd September 2018.
- 1.5 ounces gin
- ½ ounce Aperol
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- Lemon wheel (garnish)
- 3 drops aromatic bitters (garnish)
- 1 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients into a shaker
- Shake hard for 1 minute to emulsify contents
- Strain into separate vessel and remove ice; then replace liquid ingredients
- Shake hard again for 1 minute without any ice
- Strain into coupe glass
- Garnish with lemon wheel and aromatic bitters